Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Different Light

Light can effect the way we see things, and so it is one of the most important elements in photography. You guessed it, this week's assignment was to look for examples of light. Examples of light...are well... everywhere really. My assignment was to take pictures of the same thing 3 different times of the day to capture different light.


Top Photo: Shutter:1/2000
Aperture: F/8.0
Exposure: 0.00

Middle Photo: Shutter: 1/8
Aperture: F/2.8
Exposure: 0.00

Bottom Photo: Shutter: 1/320 
Aperture: F/2.8
Exposure: 0.00

Top Photo was taken around 2:00 P.M.
Middle Photo taken around 6:00 P.M.
Bottom Photo taken around 7:30 A.M. 

I think the top photo turned out the best. I really like the sun glare and how it looks so unique. I could easily see outside in the middle photo at 6:00 P.M. at night, but I guess that was a lesson to be learned that what you see and what the camera sees are two different things. I guess my camera can't see well in the dark. I am greatly disappointed in the that set of photos I took, even in night time setting they didn't turn out. Next time, for nighttime/evening photos I will hopefully get outside sooner. The Bottom photo isn't really that interesting. The sky looks blank and the trees look dead. And that is why lighting is important. 









No comments:

Post a Comment