Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Journalist

Spring is defently one of the most beautiful times of the years. When that ray of hope first comes that Winter may finally be over and summer once again will return. Other then pesky Spring pollen causing allergies - I don't really see how you can not enjoy it.
My job was to shoot pictures of spring, trying to show that ray of hope. But I have to do it like a journalist meaning no Photoshop. What pictures you take are the ones that come out. You get what you see. No Photoshop to hide your mistakes. Ohh and I have to do a fancy write-up on it. No problem.

              Nothing really much to report today. It's kind of cold outside where I live and the shadows of the early evening are starting set. It's a perfect opportunity to take pictures - I have plenty of light.
I start out my journey by going to my conveinty located river in the back of yard. You have to love that. Now is the time of the year where pollen falls through the air and lands where ever it wants. Including the mighty river. Yes, even a strong mighty river battles with the seemingly average pollen as it clogs it's rythem of flow. I choose this photo because it has a nice composition. I also thinks this is a nice reflection of what time of the year it is.

Parallel lines in nature with a beautiful sun and clouds and river to match. Truly not an easy task. I wanted to capture the time of the day by showing of the sun.  I took this photo before the top one, looking over a little ledge type thing standing on my toes trying to get a nice steady shot of what was ahead of me. Compared to the first, the river looks strong and infinite and it stands probley by itself. It also looks calm and peaceful, like it is going to be settling down for a nice afternoon nap. I choose this photo because there is so much to look at it, and yet it's so simple. A visionary photo. The two parallel trees standing by itself seem to represent something by itself. The scrawny one leaning upon a slighty bigger one. It hardly looks like it can hold it's own weight. Sometimes that's how life is. You have to carry others and help them through when you can hardly carry yourself. And you can always look back and see the beauty behind you and be able to smile for a little while.

I was walking back from the river when I stumbled upon this little tiny nut. Above me was tree producing probley hundreds of these, and over it's long life probley thousands. I don't what it was, but I found this trail of nuts in the small area interesting. This little guy was stuck somewhat in the mud. It's a nice contrast of colors as the green leaves come though. Little tiny weeds are too big for this nut, over crowding it and making themselves look big. Perhaps the nut is confined and is happy being protected in a way in a nice shady spot, less obvious then it's companions, hoping that a squirrel won't drag it off and eat it alive. Who knows, mabey that is what little nuts want. Mabey the little weeds are hiding and overprotecting it from the world. Mabey they are even bullies to it.

Haha who knows what a simple little nut like this would want. :) But just a simple little analogy or thought to describe this picture, a simple little story/caption for your entertainment.












No comments:

Post a Comment