Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Walk In The Park

Alright, so we took a class field trip to the park! YAY! And wee took some pictures obviously, to update to our blog.  These are like the top seven pictures I took. It seems like majority of them are in black and white, I guess that's just the way that my camera likes to work. 

It was very humid that day, so not only was my hair like crazy, but my camera's lens did not seem to want to focus.  O well, I think for the amount of stubbornness my camera was going through, I have some awesome pictures. 

                       This is probley my favorite picture of the lot. I had to change it to black and white to increase composition.  I think this one has good composition, symmetry, good texture, lighting. To me this seems like one of those famous black and white nature pictures you would find in those nature magazines.




I'm not sure why this one is listed in my top 7 phtotos, but I think it's pretty sentimental. 
It gives sort of a nararive to the park itself, not just the plants and objects around. I think 'Yellow Poplar'  is a type of tree, I'm not sure though. 




I have a lot of pictures of the little puddle in the ground, reflecting up at the trees that are actually 180 degrees away and up how many feet in the air. I love reflected photos, I took a lot of them,  and that's what burned up my memory card. Mabey sometime I'll do something more with my reflective photos. 


Heres' a picture of some wire from a wire fence cutting into some plants. This picture is rather chaoctic. 
There are so many different shapes and textures, I think that the only way I could have pulled it off, is by converting it to black and white. 



                                                          Yet another black and white photo. This time of the year, everything is green, and so trying to find great color is hard to do. Sometimes things just turn out better in black and white. I think these flowers are really interesting,  I have no idea what they are called, but  I'll call them 'friendship flowers'. Why? Because the little flowery things are connected in a circle like a group of friends holding hands. This photo has many shapes as well. Like the semi-circle connecting the flowers off to the side.



Here's another reflective photo. Some moldy branch in the middle of a little muddy pond. In the reflection you can see a tree, it's kind of giving off a false impression. This little stick/branch with mold that looks sickly, is looking as itself as a full grown proud tree in the reflection. If you can think of it that way. 





I've been debating whether or not to show this one. It's a fly on a leaf. Not the most exciting example of  up closeness, but my camera did not want to shoot really good details. Pardon my camera, it's old with stubbornness. But hey, I think for the first time shot, it came out pretty good. Flys are finicky and usually  do not smile and stand still for their close-up. But I got it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment