Thursday, March 15, 2012

Welcome to March


Welcome to March, the snow starts to melt into mush and the ice is disappearing as it shows signs of a miraculous recovery from winter as a long awaiting spring comes. And now we are going to be shooting pictures of ice. Right when the ice on the river breaks and the crisp clean ice on my deck is now a pile of cold water, waiting to be evaporated. So what can I take a picture of? Man made Ice of course. Specially one that are shaped as stars, that dosn't look slightly fake at all. 



This is one of my favorite pictures that I have probley have taken in this class
Why? Because it's a good example of still life and abstract Meanwhile 
only the highly advance and highly educated can pick up the 
remains of a human face, looking at you. To me it kinda
looks like the Mona Lisa. By Leonardo Da Vinci.
Shutter 1/8
Aperture 3.7
Exposure 0.00




This is the natural color/shade that I took my pictures in, unlike the first 
photo in the top. :) I choose this photo because most of the photos I took 
look chaotic and messy, I think in this one that there is some organization
as I attempted to take a photo of the ice in an aline row, it didn't really turn out 
the neatest into rows as I would like, but it still is rather nice looking.
Oh, and if you are wondering what that dark blue thing is with lines, 
that is a beach towel, I used it for contrast reasons, because my counter (where
I took the photos) - is an ice blue color. And second, it made it easier to mop 
up drippy, melting ice cubes. 
Shutter 1/8
Aperture 2.8
Exposure 0.00



"Into the sink now!" I said as I dumped my slushy pile of half melted 
ice cubes into my counter sink. I guess that's done with. But as I starred 
at the mini mountain of ice in my sink, I thought that this would be a good place
to shoot some photos. So I did, and this is what came out of it. Good contrast
between the nice smooth ice and the scratchy sink. 

Shutter 1/8
Aperture 2.8
Exposure 0.00







No comments:

Post a Comment